[Comment-Dnso] RE: ISP Constituency DNSO

At 16:58 9/05/1999 -0400, Esther Dyson wrote:
>We understand your concerns.  But as you say below,  we are looking  for
>"sectorial self-regulation and organization." If it is lacking, we will take
>what steps are necessary to ensure that each constituency is appropriately
>open - or that there is am "opposite" constituency to balance it.
>
>Esther

Esther,

This is a fine principle. I am encouraged to interpret this positively for
the Individual Domain Name owners' constituency as well.
If organisations of questionable representativity and Big business would
look like dominating the DNSO, can we count on it that the interim Board
will not deny the Individuals a place?
Not "later",  but at the time when foundations are laid?

--Joop Teernstra LL.M.--
the Cyberspace Association,
the constituency for Individual Domain Name Owners
http://www.democracy.org.nz/idno/