[Comment-Dnso] RE: ISP Constituency DNSO

Joop

I can't commit to anything for the board, other than to follow our own rules
about openness and representation.  But we do take these seriously.

Esther

At 01:18 PM 10/05/99 +1200, Joop Teernstra wrote:
>At 16:58 9/05/1999 -0400, Esther Dyson wrote:
>>We understand your concerns.  But as you say below,  we are looking  for
>>"sectorial self-regulation and organization." If it is lacking, we will take
>>what steps are necessary to ensure that each constituency is appropriately
>>open - or that there is am "opposite" constituency to balance it.
>>
>>Esther
>

>Esther,
>
>This is a fine principle. I am encouraged to interpret this positively for
>the Individual Domain Name owners' constituency as well.
>If organisations of questionable representativity and Big business would
>look like dominating the DNSO, can we count on it that the interim Board
>will not deny the Individuals a place?
>Not "later",  but at the time when foundations are laid?
>

>--Joop Teernstra LL.M.--
>the Cyberspace Association,
>the constituency for Individual Domain Name Owners
>http://www.democracy.org.nz/idno/

Esther Dyson			Always make new mistakes!
chairman, EDventure Holdings
interim chairman, Internet Corp. for Assigned Names & Numbers
edyson@edventure.com
1 (212) 924-8800
1 (212) 924-0240 fax
104 Fifth Avenue (between 15th and 16th Streets; 20th floor)
New York, NY 10011 USA
http://www.edventure.com                    http://www.icann.org

High-Tech Forum in Europe:  24 to 26 October 1999, Budapest
PC Forum: March 2000, Scottsdale (Phoenix), Arizona
Book:  "Release 2.0: A design for living in the digital age"