[Comment-Dnso] Re: Registry Pre-payment?

Mark and all,

  Mark hit the nail on the head with this brief background on why pre-payment
is not very economically viable either for the registrant or the registrar
in the mid to long term.  Of course we have been over these arguments
and discussions before...  The argument in support of pre-payment
is to reduce "Cybersquating" and "Domain Name hoarding", which of course
doesn't hold up under scrutiny.  Pre-payment only has a minimal effect here.
In fact in some cases, well financed "Cybersquaters" and "Domain Name
Horders" facing a Pre-Payment situation only become more sophisticated
in their endeavors and therefore legitimize that as a value added business
in Domain Names.  This is also not to mention pre-payment also encourages
the use of bogus credit cards, creating yet another mess...