[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Dallas Conference first day report
- To: "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Dallas Conference first day report
- From: jeff Williams <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 17:38:44 +0000
- CC: ICANN SO comments <firstname.lastname@example.org>, IFWP Discussion List <email@example.com>, Domain policy <DOMAIN-POLICY@LISTS.INTERNIC.NET>, "domain-open-rsc.org" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Organization: INEGroup INC.
- Sender: email@example.com
Too all interested and concerned,
The following is a report on the Dallas INEGroup/ICANN Dallas
Conference first day's proceedings.
Day started out very good, although personal turnout was much less
than expected. Some 12,000 attended in person with an unknown
number of online participants through uplink remote sites.
No ICANN Interim Board members attended unfortunately....
Discussion areas for the Day:
ICANN's SO submission drafts:
Much discussion was ongoing today but rapped up fairly quickly in the
different working groups. It appeared that most of the participants
came well prepared and had good input and points of interest with
respect especially to the DNSO drafts.
Conclusions/Final Votes taken:
It was concluded that none of the current DNSO drafts that are
currently listed on the ICANN web site would be satisfactory to
a vast majority of the Stakeholders/Participants. Votes were
taken on the overall position on the current "Listed" DNSO
drafts listed at the ICANN's web site.
In favor of current drafts: 1%
Not in favor of current drafts 91%
Vote on suggested INEGroup Amendments to DNSO drafts:
Not in favor: 7%
In favor 73%
Need more revision 11%
Some very high interest was discussed as to the immediate replacement
of the the current ICANN "Initial" and Interim Board and the over all
performance and actions currently taken by the ICANN "Initial" and
Interim Board. A vote was taken on the following areas:
Vote on Immediate replacement of ICANN "Initial" and Interim Board:
In favor: 53%
Not in favor: 24%
Vote taken on over all performance/actions of the ICANN "Initial" and
Above average: 2%
Below average 41%
Totaly unexceptable: 42%
No opinion: 8%
Overall conclusions and comments:
Today's meetings and workshops went extremely well for the most part.
there were a few areas that had some rough spots at times, but over all
results and consensus from the participants seemed relatively smoothly
Tomorrow's areas of discussion will continue on the Domain issues,
such as WIPO RFC-3, and the ICANN's Accreditation Guidelines.
These areas may be broken down into several specific areas. Update
on this freeform process will be reported at end of day tomorrow.
Brian Hollingsworth and
Jeffrey A. Williams
CEO/DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.
Information Network Eng. Group. INEG. INC.
Contact Number: 972-447-1894
Address: 5 East Kirkwood Blvd. Grapevine Texas 75208