Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-poisson-appts-01.txt

Tony and all,

  We [INEGroup] entirely agree with Tony's assessment and suggestions
here as they would make for a better rounded and more flexible IETF
PSO proposal and more accountable to the Stakeholder community.

A.M. Rutkowski wrote:

The arguments I would use are

(1) the IETF NOMCOM always has a hard job finding enough people to
fill the IESG and IAB slots. If we asked them to find another
set of people for the Protocol Council, I strongly suspect the
job would be impossible.

(2) by re-using the same team we get consistency

(3) in any case we sincerely and deeply hope that the Protocol
Council will have very little work to do.

On the other hand, why not try an open process
initially.  You can always fall back the closed
arrangement if you don't get candidates.

Consistency isn't relevant.  Wise decision making is.

The Protocol Council will in fact have a great deal
to do, because it reviews the work of the other SOs.

--tony

Contact Number:  972-447-1894