[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [IFWP] Slanders and impostures
- To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "ICANN" <email@example.com>, "Don Heath" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [IFWP] Slanders and impostures
- From: "Ken Stubbs" <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 11:31:03 -0400
- Cc: "Esther Dyson" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Mike Roberts" <email@example.com>, "Paul Twomey" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Nikki Vajrabukka" <email@example.com>, "George Conrades" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Greg Crew" <email@example.com>, "Frank Fitzsimmons" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Hans Kraaijenbrink" <H.Kraaijenbrink@kpn-telecom.nl>, "Professor Jun Marai" <email@example.com>, "Geraldine Capdeboscq" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Eugenio Triana" <email@example.com>, "Linda S. Wilson" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Joe Sims" <Joe_Sims@jonesday.com>, "Al Gore" <email@example.com>, "Chip Pickering" <Charles.Pickering@mail.house.gov>, "Connie Morella" <Rep.Morella@mail.house.gov>, "Thomas Davis" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Gil Gutknecht" <email@example.com>, "Eddie Bernice Johnson" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Jim Barcia" <email@example.com>, "Mark Harrington" <Mark.Harrington@mail.house.gov>, "Richard Russell" <Richard.Russell@mail.house.gov>, "Paul Scolese" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "James Tierney" <email@example.com>, "William Daley" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Theresa Amato" <amato@Essential.ORG>, "James Love" <email@example.com>, "Jay Fenello" <Jay@pdnha.org>, "Ronda Hauben" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Karl Auerbach" <email@example.com>, "Beckwith Burr" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Larry Irving" <email@example.com>, "Gordon Cook" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Tony Rutkowski" <email@example.com>, "Tom Lowenhaupt" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Nick Patience" <email@example.com>, "Jeri Clausing" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "U.S. Ho. of Reps. Commerce Committee" <email@example.com>, "U.S. Secretary of State" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Milton Mueller" <email@example.com>, "Ellen Rony" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Ronald Wyden" <email@example.com>, "Jonathan Zittrain" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Larry Lessig" <lessig@POBOX.COM>, "Troy Davis" <email@example.com>, "Erick Iriarte" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Eberhard W Lisse" <email@example.com>, "Willie Schatz" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Kevin M. Kelly" <Webmaster@BioAnth.org>, "Hector L. Rodriguez Milla" <email@example.com>, <SLanfranco@dkglobal.org>, "Jeff Graber" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Courtney Macavinta" <email@example.com>, "Howard Sartori" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Kathryn Kleiman" <KathrynKL@aol.com>, "Barbara Dooley" <email@example.com>, "Bret A. Fausett" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Francis Gurry" <email@example.com>, "Lidia Carlos-Silvetti (ERAD)" <Lidia.Carlos@WTO.ORG>, "Committee on Trade and Development" <comtd@WTO.ORG>, "Trade and Development Center" <devitd@WTO.ORG>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>, "DNSO.association.org" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Joop Teernstra" <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Ignacio Vera" <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Vany Martinez" <vany@SDNP.ORG.PA>, <email@example.com>, "Patrick Leahy" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Dave Farber" <email@example.com>, "Barbara Simons" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "\"davidM\" <"<email@example.com>
I have told you repeatedly that membership information regarding CORE is
available on our website www.corenic.org which on numerous occasions in the
past you have referred to.
it is again abundantely clear again that you have misstated another fact
here and made acccusations without premise. mr maher is in no way affiliated
with any CORE member nor is he a member of CORE. To the best of my knowledge
mr maher is also not a member of any domain registrar organization as well.
again your misrepresentations regarding mr maher are blatently misleading
and without premise.
you are again resorting to actions which you constantly accuse others of.
your creditability diminishes every time we see actions like this.
i can only hope that those who evaluate and sanction do it based on
practical common sense and reason and not based on giving most merit &
weight to those who
try to overwhelm them with volumes of useless accusations & venom like the
try to get more sleep and cut down on those cigarettes
----- Original Message -----
From: Michael Sondow <firstname.lastname@example.org>
To: ICANN <email@example.com>; Don Heath <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Cc: Esther Dyson <email@example.com>; Mike Roberts <firstname.lastname@example.org>;
Paul Twomey <email@example.com>; Nikki Vajrabukka
<firstname.lastname@example.org>; George Conrades <email@example.com>; Greg
Crew <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Frank Fitzsimmons <email@example.com>; Hans
Kraaijenbrink <H.Kraaijenbrink@kpn-telecom.nl>; Professor Jun Marai
<firstname.lastname@example.org>; Geraldine Capdeboscq <email@example.com>;
Eugenio Triana <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Linda S. Wilson
<email@example.com>; Joe Sims <Joe_Sims@jonesday.com>; Al Gore
<firstname.lastname@example.org>; Chip Pickering
<Charles.Pickering@mail.house.gov>; Connie Morella
<Rep.Morella@mail.house.gov>; Thomas Davis <email@example.com>; Gil
Gutknecht <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Eddie Bernice Johnson
<email@example.com>; Jim Barcia
<firstname.lastname@example.org>; Mark Harrington <Mark.Har
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 1999 9:16 AM
Subject: [IFWP] Slanders and impostures
>It has come to our attention that ISOC is conducting out of the
>public view a smear campaign, spreading malicious and slanderous
>lies about me, my organization the ICIIU, and its supporters,
>apparently for the purpose of breaking our solidarity and commitment
>so that we will abandon the Non-Commercial Domain Name Holders
>Constituency of the DNSO to ISOC, something which, by the way, we
>have no intention of doing. Could you please tell us, Mr. Heath, if
>these cowardly actions by ISOC are those of people trying to, in
>your words, "work together" towards a "compromise"?
>Perhaps you could also explain to us, Mr. Heath, why ISOC has given
>its NCDNHC organizing campaign into the hands of Mr. David Maher, a
>person who is not a non-commercial domain name holder. Mr. Maher is,
>to my knowledge, a trademark lawyer employed by IBM and a member of
>a domain name registrar's association, CORE. Either of these
>functions should automatically disqualify Mr. Maher as a
>spokesperson for non-commercial domain name holders, and even as a
>member of the NCDNHC.
>As to Mr. Maher's affiliation with the entity named POC, which
>figures on ISOC's list of supporting organizations, we have been
>informed that POC was an advisory council to a coalition named the
>International Ad Hoc Committee, or IAHC, an organism which is now
>defunct, and POC with it. However, even if this so-called POC still
>existed, it has no domain name, non-commercial or otherwise, and no
>website, and thus can in no way be considered a non-commercial
>domain name holder.
>Mr. David Maher has therefore no claim whatsoever to participation
>in the organization of the Non-Commercial Domain Name Holders
>The ICIIU is willing and anxious to collaborate with any and all
>legitimate non-commercial domain name holding entities in the
>organization of the NCDNHC. But it is not possible to collaborate
>with people who slander and malign us with malicious and deceitful
>lies, as the ISOC leadership is apparently doing in private while
>pretending in public to "work together". Nor will we accept that the
>NCDNHC be infiltrated by impostors.
> "We need to be able to judge which is more important - the
> images on the screen, the mechanisms that produce them, or
> the world that they are striving to represent."
> --Oscar Kenshur, in 'The Allure of the Hybrid'
>International Congress of Independent Internet Users (ICIIU)
> http://www.iciiu.org email@example.com