Re: Register.com CHEATING Exposed!! Important please read!!

The problem you describe below is a consequence of NSI's 'thin
registry' model, under which each registrar runs its own whois.  It
was not created by ICANN.  ICANN's Registrar Accreditation Agreement
contains a provision (Section III.D.4) intended to facilitate its
solution by requiring all registrars to contribute the appropriate
data for a regitry-wide whois service upon request.