Re: Domain registrars requirements for 'accuracy'. (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 15:37:13 -0400
From: 'Doc' Don Taylor <docdon@pobox.com>
To: list@inet-access.net, list@inet-access.net
Subject: Re: Domain registrars requirements for 'accuracy'.

At 11:45 AM 7/23/1999 -0400, Adam D . McKenna wrote:

>> >The fact that aolsearch.com lost their domain name was due to their
>> >unreachability because of inaccurate data, not simply because the data
>> >itself was inaccurate.
>>
>> My understanding is that aolsearch.com was transferred to AOL because of
>> two factors that acted together:  (a) Network Solutions is out of
>> control and (b) AOL is big and has clout and it wanted aolsearch.com.
>> All the descriptions I have read point to these factors.
>
>I think that his point was, NSOL's "official" reason for removing the domain
>is that they were unable to contact aolsearch.com's contacts.
>
>If you go by this as their official statement, then there is really no
>precedent for having domains removed solely for having inaccurate data.

	As I recall, they had been in contact by email but the other contact
information was invalid. So it was too much trouble to use email to ask for
correct information?

Doc

|                     Continuum Foundation - USA                    |
|                      Focus on the real issues                     |
|                 http://members.visi.net/~certus/yca               |
|docdon@pobox.com         eFax=> 603.452.8749        +1.757.877.4992|

-