Re: Domain registrars requirements for 'accuracy'. (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 01:22:37 -0700 (PDT)
From: Rahul Dhesi <dhesi@rahul.net>
To: list@inet-access.net
Subject: Re: Domain registrars requirements for 'accuracy'.
Newsgroups: a2i.lists.inet-access

Patrick Greenwell <patrick@cybernothing.org> writes:

>> You might want to cite the fact that AOLSearch.com lost their
>> domain for having inacurate data.. hence, they set a precedence.

>The fact that aolsearch.com lost their domain name was due to their
>unreachability because of inaccurate data, not simply because the data
>itself was inaccurate.

My understanding is that aolsearch.com was transferred to AOL because of
two factors that acted together:  (a) Network Solutions is out of
control and (b) AOL is big and has clout and it wanted aolsearch.com.
All the descriptions I have read point to these factors.

Given that www.aolsearch.com was an active web site, inabilty to reach
the domain owner had to be an excuse, not a reason.  It's not that hard
to find a live human being, starting from a valid web site URL.
--
Rahul Dhesi <dhesi@spams.r.us.com>
   See my UUNET spam mini-faq at: