Re: Universities non-commercial

Mark and all,

  Thank you Mark for partly making my point in other terms and using
an example here.

  It is important therefore that the ICANN (Initial?) Interim Board
and the DNSO GA exercise significant oversight in this matter as it
impacts conflict of interest issues as well as potentially side stepping
a potential "Stacking of the Deck" with respect to seating a accurately
representative NC as well...

  I hope that this clears up the FACT that .EDU's are not automatically
by any stretch of the imagination, noncommercial.  And as such,
do not belong in the Noncom constituency.   The same can be said
for several of the ccTLD registries as well, .UK, .NU, .TO, .US and
.TJ come to mind for instance....  More on this later in response to
Pisanty's reply to Martin Muler's post to this list...