[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [ga] Santiago DNSO GA Chair
- To: Javier SOLA <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, ICANN Comments <Comments@icann.org>
- Subject: Re: [ga] Santiago DNSO GA Chair
- From: Jeff Williams <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 18:41:48 +0100
- CC: "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "Theresa.Swinehart@wcom.com" <Theresa.Swinehart@wcom.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>
- Organization: INEG. Inc. (Spokesman INEGroup)
- References: <199908060805.IAA97468@out4.ibm.net>
Javier and all,
Right! And as there is no "NC" yet only a pNC, as the "NC" must be
elected any recommendations sent from any Working Groups as they
now stand are invalid... The "NC" is an ELECTED body or group, not
an appointed one....
Javier SOLA wrote:
> >As long as we're being stickers for the bylaws, may I also ask why Working
> >Groups are making any recommendations the ICANN board (which is incomplete,
> >unelected, interim and unnacountable, by the way) on issues without
> >representation of the non-commercial constituency. Further, the other
> >constituencies are only provisionally recognized by ICANN until they "amend
> >their proposals to address deficiencies noted by the Board."
> >From the ICANN Board Berlin resolution...
> "FURTHER RESOLVED, that the Names Council representatives chosen by the
> provisionally recognized Constituencies shall constitute the provisional
> Names Council, with all the powers set forth in the Bylaws other than the
> selection of Directors (pursuant to Section 2(e) of Article VI-B of the
> Bylaws), which selection powers will be deferred until such time as the
> Board determines it has made sufficient final recognitions. "
> The Working groups do not make recommendations to the ICANN Board, it is
> the Names Council who makes them, after receiving reports from working
> groups if they have created them.
> >The lack of a fully constituted Name Council with non-commercial
> >representation and the provisional status of the remaining constituencies
> >*invalidates* all the recommendations of the working groups.
> Besides the fact that there are non-commercial observers in the Names
> Council, non-commercial representatives participate as full members of all
> working groups, without any limitation in number, all those who have
> expressed an interest are in the WGs... where is the problem?
Jeffrey A. Williams
Spokesman INEGroup (Over 95k members strong!)
CEO/DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.
Information Network Eng. Group. INEG. INC.
Contact Number: 972-447-1894
Address: 5 East Kirkwood Blvd. Grapevine Texas 75208