[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [IFWP] ICANN meeting scheduled for August 12
- To: ICANN Comments <Comments@icann.org>
- Subject: Re: [IFWP] ICANN meeting scheduled for August 12
- From: "Brian C. Hollingsworth" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 09 Aug 1999 00:29:01 +0100
- CC: "Esther Dyson (ICANN ADDRESS)" <email@example.com>
- Organization: IHOJ - International House of Justice, Sr. Legal Advisor
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Mr. Auerbach and Everyone,
Mr. Auerbach, your points are well taken by myself and I expect by others
as well. It is good that you highlight them in this post. Thank for doing
These concerns show in a somewhat dramatic and blatant manner the
lack of responsibility that this current ICANN Interim Board.
Karl Auerbach wrote:
> In case folks haven't noticed, there is an ICANN board meeting scheduled
> for August 12, only a few days from now.
> The only place I can find it mentioned is in the note attached to the
> notice of a proposed by-laws-amendment.
> It's not listed on ICANN's calendar of events.
> Congress was told by ICANN that all board meetings have a pre-posted
> agenda and other indicia of "openness".
> Where is the agenda for the August 12 meeting?
> What other matters are going to be discussed?
> Where is the meeting going to be held so that the public can attend
> or listen in?
> As for the content of that meeting:
> So far, the few comments posted on the proposal show some degree of
> acceptance of it but also contain significant, and unanswered, questions
> about the events that transpired in which ICANN acted as if these changes
> were in effect before they were even proposed.
Brian C. Hollingsworth
Sr. Legal Advisor, International House of Justice Internet
Communications Affairs and Policy
Advisory council for Public Affairs and Internet Policy, European