  • A (2) |
  • A (1) |

[ALAC] Fwd: [ALAC-Internal] IMPORTANT Note re RAA Package NEW post briefingVote which is now running...

Jeez, how's this for consideration. If you have to *call and remind* ALAC
members to vote on a matter the entire ALAC has declared to be important and
which has been circulated too many times out of memory, then I submit we
have a larger problem. It just seems awry, not to mention grossly unfair,
to ask some members, all of whom are volunteers, to work so hard while
others are hardly working!

With regard to the RAA, the ALAC has made several submissions, some of which
repeat language I have used in my own postings on the matter.
Notwithstanding, I will reiterate my perspective.

[ALAC] [ALAC-Internal] Happy Holidays!!

For everyone who are involved in the ICANN end users and ALAC family, my best wishes for this hollidays.
Merry Christmas and happy New Year!!!!

Carlos Dionisio Aguirreabogado - Sarmiento 71 - 4to.

[ALAC] Invitation for discussion on At-Large position on new gTLD Guidebook

At 11:07 AM -0500 12/16/08, Brendler, Beau wrote:
>Adam...
>
>I am hoping we are going ahead with a call on
>Friday at the time Mathias specified.

Beau, thanks. I saw Matthias' email -- sent
after I asked the question. Call information
below.

Best,

Adam

Dear all,

Thank you for submitting your availability for
the discussion on the At-Large position on the
new gTLD Applicant Guidebook. To ensure that Beau
and Alan can participate, I suggest that we have
the discussion this coming Friday, 19 December at
1400 UTC.

[ALAC] Fwd: GNSO Issues Report on Post-Expiration Domain Name Recovery presentation posted

Following are pointers to a presentation to be
given at this coming Thursday's GNSO meeting, the
GNSO Agenda where it will be discussed, and the
Issue report requested by the ALAC.

Alan

>Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 14:59:58 -0800
>From: Glen de Saint Géry
>Subject: GNSO Issues Report on Post-Expiration Domain Name Recovery
> presentation posted
>To: Alan Greenberg
>
>Dear Alan,
>
>Could you please distribute this on the ALAC lists for information.
>
>Thanks so much.
>Glen
>
>Please find a power point presentation of the
>
>GNS

[ALAC] CORRECTION: ALAC Mid-point consultation report - Personal comments

URL is bad!
CAS

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 11:57 PM, Alan Greenberg
wrote:

> For those who may be interested, I have posted some personal comments on
>> the Mid-point report. They can be found at
>> http://forum.icann.org/lists/alac-mid-consult/pdfPFEQnmaKJl.pdf.
>>
>> Alan
>>

> Thanks to Dharma Dailey who pointed out that the attachment has moved.
>
> That *was* where it lived when I posted the message.

[ALAC] ALAC Mid-point consultation report - Personal comments

For those who may be interested, I have posted some personal comments
on the Mid-point report. They can be found at
http://forum.icann.org/lists/alac-mid-consult/pdfPFEQnmaKJl.pdf.

Alan

At-Large Online: http://www.atlarge.icann.org
ALAC Working Wiki: http://st.icann.org/alac

[ALAC] Comments on the ALAC response to the mid-term consultation report

I put my comments on a different wiki page which also claims to be the
ALAC response:

Regarding points 10 and 11, I think the case is overstated.

[ALAC] ALAC vote on RAA now open

Dear all,

Those of you who have already accessed the vote on the RAA package have probably realized that the options in the online vote are slightly different from the ones presented in the email. That's is because I originally used an older draft, which now has been updated.

[ALAC] ALAC comments with respect to users and the GNSO - minor revision

(Revised to correct typo.)

Wendy, I don't know what time the Board meeting is, but hope that
this reaches you before...

The ALAC has already made a number of statements on the role of users
on the GNSO, and none of them (in our minds) conflict or even greatly
overlap with the roles of the ALAC. These statements stand. In
essence, the differentiator between someone (or group) that is at
home in At-Large vs one who should live in the GNSO is not based on
the description of the user (or user group), but rather on their
specific interests.

[ALAC] Board Liaison Report, Dec. 8, 2008

Hello,
That a strange way to talk about ALSs Summit
6. Report on the ALAC Conference in Mexico City

Sébastien Bachollet
sebastien.bachollet@isoc.fr
www.egeni.org
www.isoc.fr

[ALAC] Fwd: [council] Issues Report on Post-Expiration Domain Name Recovery

Attached is the Issues Report request by the ALAC two weeks ago.

Alan

[ALAC] My Preliminary Report to Dot Mobi

Dear All, I made a preliminary report with information about my Dot Mobi
Position.

It´s available at: HYPERLINK
"https://st.icann.org/alac/index.cgi?dotMOBI%20Liaison%20Report"https://st.i
cann.org/alac/index.cgi?dotMOBI%20Liaison%20Report# in both languages.

Regards,

[ALAC] At-Large Members for the Geographic Regions Working Group

Dear Rob:

It is our pleasure to advise you of the appointees from At-Large to the
Geographic Regions Working Group:

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (ALAC Chair): cheryl@hovtek.com.au
Carlton Samuels (LACRALO Secretariat): carlton.samuels@uwimona.edu.jm

[ALAC] Thanksgiving

Dear friends

To all of you thanksgiving is an important date, I wish a peaceful day
with the warm presence of all you love!

Vanda Scartezini

Polo Consultores Associados

Alameda Santos 1470 #1407

Tel - +55113266.6253

Mob- +55118181.1464

vanda@uol.com.br

P Before print think about the Environment

"The information contained in this message - and attached files - is
restricted, and its confidentiality protected by law. If you are not the
intended recipient, please delete this message and notify the sender
immediately.

[ALAC] Se vi interessa un guadagno extra ...

At-Large Online: http://www.atlarge.icann.org
ALAC Working Wiki: http://st.icann.org/alac

[ALAC] Motions with respect to the Ex-Com

Here are formally worded motions which I believe capture the intent
of the discussion at the meeting just ended. If I have erred, please correct.

Alan

[ALAC] RAA

Over the past day, there has been a discussion about steps forward
with respect to the RAA amendments on the NA-discuss list as well as
the ALAC list. There has also been at least some mis-information.

I have tried to summarize the current situation in preparation for
tomorrow's ALAC teleconference.

[ALAC] geographical diversity

Dear All: This topic was touched in Cairo at Open Forum and I believe is neccesary (like said Norbert Klein) more discussion about it.

http://public.icann.org/en/node/2007

ICANN's geographical diversity

Submitted by YoungEum on Thu, 2008-11-06 11:26.

This is the text of my comment during the Cairo public forum.
ICANN's core value #4 focuses on geographic and cultural diversity at all levels of policy development and decision-making. This value has been repeatedly emphasized in the DoC's midterm review of the JPA as well.

[ALAC] At-Large representatives to cross-community Working Group on Geographic Regions

Dear Members,

below) the At-Large community is being asked to provide representatives to
the Working Group on Geographic Regions.

The ALAC is expected to address this issue in its teleconference of
tomorrow; those interested in being one of the representatives may wish to
let the ALAC know of the interest ASAP.

[ALAC] Fwd: ALAC Request for Issues Report on Post-expiration Domain Recovery

The request for the Issues Report has now formally been submitted. I
have added an item to the Nov 25th ALAC meeting reporting on the
relatively minor changes since the vote in Cairo.

[ALAC] Fwd: Nov 25, ALAC monthly call - Agenda?

Has the agenda been published?

Could we please have it posted (i.e. email) in good time before the
meeting.

[ALAC] Formatted text in e-mail

Is there some reason that we do not allow formatted text in mailing list mail?

For instance, the work "formatted" above was in bold when sent.

Alan

At-Large Online: http://www.atlarge.icann.org
ALAC Working Wiki: http://st.icann.org/alac

[ALAC] Formalization of the Ex-Com

Following a discussion among the ALAC Chair, the two Vice Chairs and
myself, I am making a motion on behalf of the four of us that the
Ex-Com be formalized (since it is not currently mentioned in our
Rules of Procedure), and that it be expanded to include one member
from each of the five ICANN regions.

The motion has been added to our agenda for November 25 as an item
for decision at that meeting - see
https://st.icann.org/alac/index.cgi?25_november_2008.

For your convenience, the background and motion are included here.

-----------------------
Formalization of the Execut

[ALAC] My job description

As you all know, I have taken on the role of ALAC Rapporteur.
According to our Rules of Procedure, the role is defined as
"An independent critical friend; a person acting as a monitor to
processes, who is responsible on behalf of the committee to ensure
correct process have been carried out."

Since this description is pretty open, I have put together a short
list of things that I would like to try to accomplish in the first 6
months.

[ALAC] Election of ALAC Liaisons for 2009

Dear all,

It was decided at the ALAC meeting on 5 November that the election period
for the open ALAC liaison position shall start within 48 after the close of
the ICANN Cairo Meeting. The following liaisons have already been confirmed
by the ALAC as they stood unopposed for their respective positions:

Alan Greenberg (GNSO)
Beau Brendler (NCUC)
Sivasubramanian Muthusamy (IDN Policy)

An online vote will be held for the positions of ccNSO, SSAC and dotMOBI
Advisory Board liaisons.

[ALAC] Sydeny??

I am now at the airport lounge, using wi-fi and reading the Board live
scribes,
and reglet that I am not there, reading the Board discussion about
the next Asian meeting venue.

I echo - Sydney is a great place to go, but but but
we better pay much more attention to the balance of cultures.

izumi

--
>> Izumi Aizu <<

Japan
* * * * *
<< Writing the Future of the

[ALAC] user_s summit on icann wiki

--

With the At-Large users summit planning underway, a public space should be used to engage and promote the event. Let me propose that ICANNWiki, the public and well known ICANN wiki site be used as a resource for our planning.

We have used ICANNwiki in the past for several at-large activities and meetings. The staff and people behind the ICANNwiki have been very supportive and it has been a great experience to work with them.

[ALAC] Regrets on missing the conclusion of the meeting

Due to prior obligations, I will have to leave tomorrow morning, but
will catch up with the minutes and scribe feeds online. I have been
participating in the Board workshop discussions earlier in the week
and will continue via email conversation. I have asked the Board
whether they have questions about the At Large Summit, on the agenda
below (although it is listed for action, I do not believe the Board
has been asked to take action).

[ALAC] Meeting with local internet users

This looks like a great opportunity for the At-large community in general
and the ALAC in particular to do some outreach. This is very usefuI for all
of us.

[ALAC] thank you all!

Dear friends,

Thank you for sharing these last several years with me. Your fellowship has provided enrichment in many ways; technical, political, cultural.
I can assure you that the struggles in which we have engaged continue. I am no less committed to them and will continue to engage. We have had some successes in setting up an at-large infrastructure that if properly sustained – by us and the ICANN community in general – can in fact deliver on the promise of an ICANN that is truly participatory and focused on the public and userŽs interest.

[ALAC] Post-Expiration Domain Recovery

I want to thank Alan for a carefully prepared and well argued document.
This kind of evidence-based argument is a strong contribution to policy
development.

(I can't find it online, unless at
)

--Wendy
--
Wendy Seltzer -- wendy@seltzer.org
Visiting Professor, American University Washington College of Law

_______________________________

[ALAC] ALAC policy briefings at future meetings

ALAC members,

I welcome the opportunity to convey policy interests and positions from
the At Large to the Board.

[ALAC] Nominations for ALAC Liaisons and Appointments for 2009

Dear All:

We have captured the list of nominations and seconds for ALAC Liaisons and
Appointments on the wiki ­ this is accessible at
https://st.icann.org/alac/index.cgi?alac_liaisons_for_2009.

The Chair has previously announced that nominations shall close on 1200 UTC
on Wednesday 4th November.

For those nominated, may I presume that you wish to use your biographical
information from http://www.icann.org/en/committees/alac/?

If we receive no objections we will post links to the bios above tomorrow.

Nick Ashton-Hart
Director for At-Large
Internet Corporatio

[ALAC] ALAC Meeting tomorrow 1030 Cairo time San Souci II

Dear all,

It was decided that the 3rd ALAC meeting would start 30 minutes earlier than
originally scheduled. New starting time is 1030 tomorrow.

[ALAC] New Draft Text for ALAC Review WG Report

Dear all,
We had morning meeting and also another discussion from 3:30 pm to 4:15 pm
today,
and here follows is the edited version of the current draft. There were some
7 or 8 people,
at least for these two meetings and we had, at least, "rough" consensus on
most of
the texts, if not in details and wordings. I added, using the "Editor's
privilege", some
phrases to the one displayed in the room.

Of course, this is not nowhere near "final". Please express your comments
and
suggestions to all points.

[ALAC] Agenda for At-Large Review Workshop on Wednesday

* Opening (Tricia - 5 mins)
> * The journey so far
> * Key points to cover today
>> * Voting
>> * Moving resources to the edge
>> * Very happy to cover other issues as well
* Overview of issues to do with voting (Thomas and Harald - 5 mins)
* Overview of issues to do with moving resources to the edge (Nii ­ 5 mins)
* Open microphone
* Closing comments from Cheryl, Vanda, [African At Large member], [Asian At
Large member], [local At Large member] (5 mins)
* Thanks and next steps (Tricia - 2 mins)

I am seeking clarification about the at-large members in the second-to-last

[ALAC] Draft Response to BGC Midpoint Consultation: On designated ALAC Seats on the ICANN Board

Dear Colleagues:
Based on the feedback and various discussions, I present this text hereunder
as a representative draft response:

"The ALAC welcomes the recommendation of the BGC that the ALAC is allocated
two (2) seats on the ICANN Board.

[ALAC] Fwd: [ALAC-Internal] Draft Response to BGC Midpoint Consultation: On designated ALAC Seats on the ICANN Board ** OFFLIST

Note a small change in the text at the final sentence....
Carlton

Dear Colleagues:
Based on the feedback and various discussions, I present this text hereunder
as a representative draft response:

"The ALAC welcomes the recommendation of the BGC that the ALAC is allocated
two (2) seats on the ICANN Board.

[ALAC] GNSO Constituency Renewal - FYI

Dear Members:

As there was a discussion of a model for non-commercial and Internet
end-user engagement in the GNSO with the NCUC yesterday, I thought you might
find the email below of interest.