ICANN Meetings in Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
11-15 July 2005
Video of the Luxembourg meeting is now available for viewing.
The next ICANN meeting will be held 11-15 July in Luxembourg City, Luxembourg. The meetings are free to attend, and open to any interested person. ICANN encourages broad participation in its bottom-up consensus-development process. You can take part in these meetings by attending in person, by taking part in the webcast and remote participation opportunities, and/or by joining one of the various ICANN-related mailing lists. The local host's website contains more information about the venue, transportation and hotels.
Details about the meetings will be posted on this page as they become available and are subject to change. Please check back often!
For questions or comments please contact: email@example.com.
Information relating to Visa's can be obtained from the local host's website.
Please note this schedule is not complete - additions/changes will be made to the workshops and Strategic Planning sessions.
Saturday, 9 July 2005
- GAC Workshop I - Internationalised Domain Names (Open Session) (14:30-17:30)
Sunday, 10 July 2005
- GAC Regional Forum Round Tables (Open Session) (8:30-13:30) (Salle A)
- At-Large European Meeting * (11:00-12:30) (Salle 10)
- ICANN Orientation (12:30-13:30) (Main Room)
- Open to all ICANN meeting participants, especially those attending their first ICANN meeting
- Orientation Luncheon (13:30-14:30) (Location TBA)
- All first time ICANN meeting participants are invited to join the ICANN board of directors and ICANN staff for lunch
- GAC Workshop II (Closed Session) (14:00-18:00) (Main Room)
- Domain Name Users Workshop: New Top Level Domains (14:30-17:00) (Salle G)
- GAC Regional Forum Round Tables (Open Session) (18:00-19:00) (Salle A)
- Summary of Strategic Planning Consultations to Date (18:00-19:30) (Main Room)
Monday, 11 July 2005
- Welcome Ceremony * (9:00-10:00) (Main Room)
- GNSO Constituency Meetings
- Cross Constituency Meeting - Commercial and Business Users, ISP, IP Interests (10:00-13:00) (Salle F)
- gTLD Registries Constituency Meeting (10:00-15:00) (Salle H)
- Registrars Constituency Meeting (Salle C)
- Commercial and Business Users Constituency Meeting (14:00-16:00) (Salle F)
- Intellectual Property Interests Constituency Meeting (14:30) (Salle 4)
- Internet Service Providers and Connectivity Providers Constituency Meeting (Salle 2)
- Noncommercial Users Constituency Meeting (Salle 3)
- ccNSO Members Meeting * (10:00-18:00) (Salle B)
- At-Large Round Table Discussion (Open Session) (Salle 10)
- GAC Working Groups (Closed Session) (10:00-13:00) (Salle A)
- GAC Plenary Meeting (Closed Session) (14:30-16:00) (Salle A)
- GAC Open Session (16:00-17:30) (Salle A)
- Public Discussion to Provide Input into the ICANN Operational Plan and Budget for July 2005 to June 2006 * (17:30-18:30) (Main Room) Updated Time
- Gala Dinner
Tuesday, 12 July 2005
- ccNSO Members Meeting * (9:30-17:30) (Salle B)
- ICANN Workshop on DNS Security * (8:30-11:00) (Main Room)
- Registrars Constituency Meeting (9:00-10:00) (Salle C)
- GAC Plenary Meeting (8:30-13:00) (14:30-18:00) (Salle A)
- Stabilty & Security Advisory Committee Report on Domain Name Hijacking * (13:00-14:00) (Main Room) Presentation (PDF)
- GNSO Public Forum * (14:30-16:30) (Main Room) Presentation 1 (PDF), Presentation 2 (PDF), Presentation 3 (PDF), Presentation 4 (PDF), Presentation 5 (PDF)
- GNSO Council Meeting * (16:30-18:30) (Main Room)
Wednesday, 13 July 2005
- Workshop on the World Summit Information Society (WSIS) * (8:30-11:00) (Main Room)
- Workshop on IDN * (11:00-13:30) (Main Room)
- ccNSO Council Meeting * (11:00-13:00) (Salle B)
- Public Forum Part I * (14:00-18:00) (Main Room)
- President's Report
- Supporting Organization Reports
- GNSO Report Presentation (PDF)
- ccNSO Report
- ASO Report
- Public Comments on President.s Report & Supporting Organization Reports
- Vancouver Meeting Hosts
- Advisory Committee Reports
- ALAC (At-Large Advisory Committee) Presentation (PDF)
- GAC (Governmental Advisory Committee)
- Nominating Committee
- RSSAC (Root-Server System Advisory Committee)
- SSAC (Security and Stability Advisory Committee)
- WSIS Update
- Public Comment on Advisory Committee Reports and WSIS Open Microphone
- Nominating Committee to Webcast Information Session (18:00)
- The ICANN Nominating Committee, which has issued a call for Recommendations and Statements of Interest from the Internet community as it seeks qualified candidates for positions to assist in its technical coordination role, will be webcasting a short session on Wednesday 13 July at 16:00 UTC following the ICANN Public Forum, to discuss the details of the Nominating Process with interested parties. If you have questions regarding the Nominating Committee that you would like to be answered in the webcast session, please email them to Luxembourg@icann.org.
- ICANN Soccer Tournament (19:00-22:00)
- All interested individuals are encouraged to participate in the soccer tournament
Thursday, 14 July 2005
- At-Large Asia/Australia/Pacific Meeting (7:30) (Novotel Hotel)
- Public Forum Part II * (8:30-12:30) (Main Room)
- Board Committee Reports:
- Board Governance Committee
- Meetings Committee
- Conflict of Interest Committee
- Reconsideration Committee
- Audit Committee
- Finance Committee
- ICANN Budget for FY05-06 . Strategic & Operational Planning Public Comment on ICANN Committee Reports & ICANN Budget for FY05-06
- Break Ombudsman Report Presentation (PDF)
- IDN Update
- New sTLD Update
- Process for New gTLDs
- IANA Process
- Public Comments on sTLD Update, Process for New gTLDs, and IANA Process
- Open Microphone
- Summary of Strategic Planning Consultations * (17:00-18:30) (Main Room)
Friday, 15 July 2005
* These sessions will be webcast.
Pre-registration for this meeting is now open. Click here to pre-register. Pre-registration is not required to attend the meeting.
Upon arrival, participants should pick up their badges and meeting materials at the registration desk.
More information about sponsorship opportunities can be found on the local host's website.
ICANN appreciates the support of the community in providing financial sponsorship for ICANN meetings. This sponsorship is a vital part of enabling ICANN to provide quality programs for meeting attendees. In particular, such generous sponsorship allows ICANN to hold its meetings in geographically diverse locations that allows broader participation across the world's Internet community. Details will be posted as they become available.
ICANN reserves the right not to accept sponsorships from organizations whose missions and activities conflict with ICANN policies.
Web Casts will begin approximately 15 minutes before the scheduled meeting time. Luxembourg is in the same time zone as GMT+2. Please adjust your schedules accordingly.
For questions or comments please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
There will be an Internet Lounge. Wireless Internet connectivity (802.11b) will also be available in the main meeting and public areas.
Members of the press should contact email@example.com.