Re: [Membership] Re: Individual Memberships

a@help.org a écrit:

> I believe part of their current funding is from the US Dept. of Commerce
> NTIA under a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU).

Perhaps you´re right that some of the money comes, or came, from the
DOC. But part has come from the GIP members, which are large
corporations.

Daniel Kaplan makes a proposal that has a false premise. He says "I
would not like ICANN to be sponsored by firms." The premise is that
ICANN is not yet sponsored by firms. This is false. The GIP firms
are sponsoring it.

Recently, a call was put out by one of the GIP organizers (I forget
who, maybe Vincent Cerf) for more money from the GIP member firms
for ICANN. Daniel Kaplan says he wouldn't like ICANN to have
corporate sponsoring. I'd like to know what he has to say to the
present corporate sponsoring.

Will Mr. Kaplan reply?