Suggestions for Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers

Dear Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, Internet Assigned
Numbers Authority, Esther Dyson & non-commercial and commercial Internet
users:

Based on several proposals and e-mails I have read, the Internet Corporation
for Assigned Names and Numbers should appoint a new "Global" Internet
Registry. Proposals from Susan has determined her interest in this matter.
Besides, she has gotten much support from large commercial organizations and
individuals. Her proposal to Esther Dyson is attached below:
November 26, 1998

Esther Dyson
Interim Chairman
Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers
P.O. Box 12607
Marina del Rey, CA 90292-3607

Re: “Global” Internet Registry

Dear Esther:

This few months, I have been working diligently to meet the challenge, and I
have successfully gathered several individuals and organizations. This
accomplishment is the result of an extensive process of discussions and
negotiations among interested people and organizations. The process has
included meetings, conferences, and extensive use of the Internet. The
“Global” Internet Registry is an alternative source for the Internet
Community to obtain Internet Infrastructure and services. The organizers of
the "Global" Internet Registry, could include "representatives of regional
Internet number registries, Internet engineers and computer scientists,
domain name registries, domain name registrars, commercial and
non-commercial users, Internet service providers, international trademark
holders and Internet experts highly respected throughout the international
Internet community." The organization will be a non-profit, public benefit
and charitable organization. It will not be organized for the private gain
of any person, but organized and operated exclusively for educational and
scientific purposes. Operating for the benefit of the Internet Community as
a whole shall be a condition.

This organization shall assist the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names
and Numbers in administering what is becoming an important global resource.
This is fully in keeping with the historical roots and character of the
Internet, but it obviously presents real challenges if it is to function
effectively.

Should you agree that this proposal satisfy the Internet Corporation for
Assigned Names and Numbers, as I am uncertain, I would welcome the
opportunity to facilitate contacts between yourself and the advisors to
discuss this proposal.

Sincerely,

Susan Chooi

I believe the "Global" Internet Registry would perform its tasks well, as
representatives from different authorities would be representing themselves
at the registry itself. There is actually no worry that the "Global"
Internet Registry will effect the Internet Community in anyway, as I am sure
the representatives and Susan will oversee the registry's operation from
time to time.

Please reply.

Thank You.