Strategic and Operating Planning
This session will provide information for anyone interested in learning more about the strategic direction of ICANN and how the Strategic Plan for fiscal years 2016 – 2020 links to the Operating Plan and Budget.
ICANN will provide an update on the Strategic Plan as well as the planning framework and cycle for fiscal years 2016 – 2020. An important new planning element — the Five Year Operating Plan — also will be presented. The Five-Year Operating Plan compliments the Strategic Plan and contains – for each Strategic Goal – Key Performance Indicators, Dependencies, 5-Year Phasing, and Portfolios of activities.
ICANN is in the final phase of creating a new Strategic Plan for FY 2016 – FY 2020 through an extensive, collaborative, bottom-up, multistakeholder process. The Strategic Plan provides ICANN's Vision, Mission, and Strategic Objectives and Goals, and will serve as the foundation for ICANN's operating plans and budgets.
Public comments [PDF, 414 KB] were carefully considered for incorporation in the final draft of the Strategic Plan [PDF, 1.64 MB], which will be considered for adoption by the ICANN Board on 16 October 2014.
- Overview of the Five-Year Strategic Plan
- Multi-year planning framework
- Operating Plan and Budget for FY16
- Performance management and linking results
- Questions and answers
- Five-Year Strategic Plan – Planning Process
- Final draft of the Strategic Plan for FY 2016-FY 2020[PDF, 1.64 MB]
- Current Year (FY15) Financial Information
Additional reference material to be provided:
- Planning Framework
- Draft 5Yr Operating Plan Worksheet
- Financial Model
- FY16 Operating Plan and Budget Timeline