[Comment-Dnso] Re: [IFWP] Re: [dnso.discuss] Modifications to ICIIU Guidelines a nd NCDNHC definition

Michael Sondow wrote:
> William X. Walsh a écrit:
> > It should be noted that it is just as inappropriate for Mr Sondow to
> > be trying to lead the constituency.  Almost all of his "Adherents" who
> > support his effort (so he says, I read that page as only meaning they
> > have an interest in being a member of a non commercial constituency)
> > are commercial interests that his own rules would have excluded.
>
> This is totally false. Every organization that has sent a message of
> adherence to the ICIIU has been checked out, and those with any
> commercial use of their website, any at all, have been turned down.
> That includes a full half of the organizations that sent requests
> for adherence. Only those which are genuinely non-commercial were
> accepted, and only these are listed.

You list 12 (the first is the same organisation, and it's humourous to find
that the organisation is a supporter of itself) and you say a full half have
been turned down, so you have had a total of 24 enquiries. Not too
representative I think.
"any commercial use of their website, any at all, have been turned down."

The Biological Anthropology Forum (BAF):
http://www.bioanth.com/bookstore/Default.htm

"The Communisphere(R) Project" is basically:
A Model for Internet Governance at the Global and Community Levels.
I think that listing a model (basically a document) as a supporter of
anything is stretching the definition of a supporter (hey, I write 100
different docs tomorrow and I get 100 votes?).

Revista Electronica de Derecho Informatico (REDI)
Is (as its name indicates) an electronic magazine whose rights belong to
www.derecho.org
Each of its pages have publicity on them. Considering them non-commercial is
like considering CNN non-commercial.

The Schatz
What is this? (around 44000 hits on altavista for Schatz, about all sorts of
different unrelated "Shatz"). If you want to fill in whatever on your
webpage as a supporter, there's not much accountability there... Anyone can
invent 80,000 supporters (see INEG).

COMTELCA
Current members (from http://www.comtelca.hn/comtelca/autoridades.htm)
TELGUA (Guatemala), CTE (El Salvador), HONDUTEL (Honduras)
ENITEL (Nicaragua), ICE (Costa Rica), CABLE &WIRELESS-PANAMA
I find it strange that they would have signed up with you, but anyway...
It's a sort of regional ITU for Central America. The members are the telcos.
Seeing that you disallow ISOC because of it having commercial members, I
don't understand how you accept an organisation with 100% commercial
members.

Personal Domain Name Holders Association
Registrant:
Personal Domain Name Holders Association (PDNHA-DOM)
   c/o Iperdome, Inc. 1150 Lake Hearn
   Drive, Suite 200
   Atlanta, GA 30342
   US
Didn't know that Iperdome was now non-commercial... ;-)

After having fun with 6 out of 11 choices, I've gone through more than 50%
of your stuff. Another nail in your self-made coffin perhaps?

Yours, John Broomfield.