[Comment-Dnso] Re: [dnso.discuss] Re: [IFWP] Re: Modifications to ICIIU Guidelines a nd NCDNHC definition

William and all,

William X. Walsh wrote:

> Sorry, Michael, but just because an organization has members who are
> involved in commercial activities doens't make them commercial.

  This is indeed true.  However it can hardly be said that Oracle, for
instance
and any of its employees would rightfully qualify as members of a
strictly non-commercial Constituency, as they are involved primarily
with commercial enterprise.

> But I share your concern over capture of this constituency.
>
> These issues need to be addressed, and compromise on all sides may be
> necessary.

  It would depend directly on the breadth and nature of the compromise
proposed if that compromise should be implemented or accepted.

> A leader would recognize that and work towards a consensus.

  This again would depend on at least two factors:
1.) The nature and breadth of any compromise.
2.) How a consensus is measured, and who's consensus it might be.

Note:  Number 2, may seem somewhat of a conundrum, but in actuality it is
not.
           Rather they are interdependent of each other.