Re: NSI question (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 3 May 1999 14:23:26 -0500
From: Chris Adams <cadams@ro.com>
To: INET-ACCESS
Subject: Re: NSI question

Once upon a time, Gerry Boudreaux said:
>http://www.networksolutions.com/reports/
>
>At 02:57 PM 5/3/99 -0400, Joshua Satrape <joshua@nrmail.com> wrote:
>>Sorry if this has already been discussed, but does anyone know if I can get
>>a list of all the domains using our name servers from NSI?

That URL will not get you a list of all the domains using a particular
name server.  It will get you a list of all domains that list a
particular server first.  For example, a report on DNS2.RO.COM comes
back empty.

So if you have a customer that put their DNS server first and then
yours, it won't show up in the list.

Plus, the last time I got this report, it didn't even list all of the
domains that listed my server first (some were just mysteriously left
off).
--
Chris Adams <cadams@ro.com> - System Administrator
Renaissance Internet Services - IBS Interactive, Inc.