Re: NSI question (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 16:04:30 -0400 (EDT)
From: "bryan s. blank" <bryan@supernet.net>
To: INET-ACCESS
Subject: Re: NSI question

%
% Sorry if this has already been discussed, but does anyone know if I can get
% a list of all the domains using our name servers from NSI?

	sure it has, many times i'm sure

	whois 'server <NS-HANDLE>' where <NS-HANDLE> is the handle of
	your nameserver, might work depending on the day of
	week, and current NSI policy.  tends to return anywhere from 10
	to 255 domains.

	mailing them directly tends to generate a 24-line report that
	someone cuts and pastes out of a sql query, not taking the time
	to notice that maybe there is more than one screen of
	information.

	your best bet is to obtain a copy of the root zones.  more
	information should be available on their web site.

|o| bryan s. blank                                  bryan@alcoholics.net |o|
-