Re: [IFWP] Internet stability - ICANN Creditability

Jeff and all,

  Jeff, Paul Toomey is frequently using these fear tactics.  As such
he along with the ICANN (Initial?) Interim board show their lack
in creditability.

Planet Communications Computing Facility wrote:

On Tue, 3 Aug 1999, A.M. Rutkowski wrote:

> I'm more than familiar with those struggles.
> This why you want to avoid the characterization
> of being a public resource - and why conversely
> the GAC has adopted an international agreement
> stating Internet Name and Number systems are
> public resources.  Being a public resource
> means that governments will ultimately control
> it.

http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/scripts/rammaker.asp?s=real&dir=icann&file=DNSO-GA-052599&start=3-37-30&end=5-25-30

I was very surprised to see Dr. Paul Toomey at the GAC Open Meeting
treatening the world with such statements as, If ICANN fails, governments
would take over the function.

Regards
Jeff Mason

--
Planet Communication & Computing Facility           pccf@bigbird.earth-net.net
Public Access Internet Research Publisher           1 (212) 894-3704 ext. 1033

Contact Number:  972-447-1894