Re: ATTWS.com No DNS entry (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 22:04:59 -0400
From: Steven J Sobol <sjsobol@NorthShoreTechnologies.net>
To: Deepak Jain <deepak@ai.net>
Cc: Dan Bustillos - Datalink Computer Services <dan@dcsi.net>,
    nanog@merit.edu
Subject: Re: ATTWS.com No DNS entry

Heh.

This sounds a lot like a credit card problem I had a couple months ago. Sent
the payment in *THE DAY I RECEIVED THE STATEMENT*. In fact I got to the post
office that afternoon, retrieved the statement from my PO Box, and since I
had my checkbook with me, I wrote a check and dropped it in the mail.

Two weeks before payment was due.

And got charged a late fee anyhow.

I finally got someone to fess up that there was a computer problem, and in
fact, either this week's (or last week's) ComputerWorld had a blurb about
them screwing up the timely crediting of payments on 700,000 bills.

And they did credit me the late fee, but I had to ask very nicely for them
to "re-age" the account and take the record of the "late payment" off their
books.

Sounds like NSI.

I wonder if NSI is going to reimburse the customers they screwed over by
turning off DNS for their domains. After all, if they knew there was a
problem, shouldn't they have set some flag in their database, or performed
some other operation that would delay the deactivation of the domains?

--
North Shore Technologies Corporation http://www.NorthShoreTechnologies.net
We don't just build websites; we build relationships!

It really bothers me that there is an IRC channel called #jarjarsex.