Re: non-commercial.

Jean-Michel,

Jean-Michel Becar wrote:

> The problem I can see here is the following:
>
> A non-profit or non-commercial (as the difference between them is not so
> obvious, espacially from a country to another), have in fact two "lives":

  This may be true in some but not most cases, at least in the
Industrialized world as as they relate to existing trade agreements
from a legal standpoint.  None the less, when there are indeed two separate
"Lives" as you put it, than they can easily legally separate those "Lives"
into two separate and distinct entities, and must do so if one of those
"Lives" is to be a legitimate NCDNHC member so as it will be
distinctly NON-COMMERCIAL ONLY!.

> * one for their members : providing services and promoting or representing
> its members --> That's something which could be seeing as "commercial"
> interests
>
> BUT the same association *need* for itself, for its life to use Internet, to
> promote itself --> This is something totally non profit or non commercial as
> the association is declared under the law of its country as non profit or
> non commercial.
>
> So if we apply the following bylaws:
>
> > The membership of the NCDNHC shall specifically exclude
> > commercial entities
> > and associations of or for the benefit of commercial entities
> > (even if they
> > are non-commercial in form), and also shall exclude
> > organizations which use
> > the Internet primarily for commercial activity, even if their other
> > activities are non-commercial.
>
> The NCDNHC constituency will be empty !!!!!

  This is a extreme over exaggeration...  No such thing will or should
occur.

> As all associations are running
> for commercial members, (yes, some could be made of non commercial/non
> profit but where to find the funding ???)

  There is HUGE amounts of funding if that is what is needed to separate
out the two "Lives" of these organizations, if you know where to look.