Re: [IFWP] Berlin Archive fixed - About Time!

Jeff and all,

Planet Communications Computing Facility wrote:

> In all fairness to ICANN, quality control in domain names is quite
> different from html quality control.

  Very true.  One is infinitely more simple than the other.  But when one
cannot get the most simple of the two correct in several months, when it has
been pointed out to them several times, one must wonder how well they
could possibly accomplish the more difficult task.  Food for thought perhaps?

  Another example which I will post in a short while, that has yet
again cropped up, it the seemingly inability for ICANN to maintain its
own mailing depository for "Public Comments"/"Community Feedback"
which is now lacking quite a few posts to it as well. See:
 http://www.icann.org/feedback.html  for more detail...  This lacking in ability
or oversite/quality control is not indicative of good management, and is likely
a precursor to "Coming Attractions".  In fact it already has been...

> I really think the board should spend some time on getting a competition
> going to upgrade the site to industry standards.  I don't think we should
> be finding fault in something so abstract as web errors.

  Web errors that are corrected in a timely manner, I can agree with you
are not worth mentioning.  BUt ones that are months old and that have been
pointed out to the ICANN (Initial?) Interim Board on more than one occasion
that span several months, is a indicator of total incompetence, or lack of
responsibility...  In most jobs in this industry that I know of you would be
fired for this sort of incompetence...

> Everyone here is just taking too much time finding fault with each other.
> And frankly, in my humble opinion your all affected.  This is natural,
> understanding that the groups here have spent more time with each other
> then they probably spend with their families (I speak of the electronic
> link).

  I spend far more time with my daughters than I do on this...  So you
cannot be speaking for me...