Re: We must move the DNSO server out of France.(was: Proof ofIdentification)

--On Tuesday, December 07, 1999 09:11 -0800 "Roeland M.J. Meyer"
<rmeyer@mhsc.com> wrote:

> The problem with implementing PKI and web-of-trust is that
> France is one of the few countries that do NOT allow their
> citizenry full access to encryption technologies. Having the
> main DNSO server in France and having it administered by a
> french citizen prevents us all from using this technology, by
> fiat.

Roeland,

To the best of my knowledge, neither France, nor any other
country, prohibits strong authentication technologies.   Nothing
which has been said or written here requires the use of
encryption.

Next?

       john