RE: [ga] Re: We must move the DNSO server out of France.(was: Proof ofIdentification)

> --On Tuesday, December 07, 1999 09:11 -0800 "Roeland M.J. Meyer"
> <rmeyer@mhsc.com> wrote:
>
> > The problem with implementing PKI and web-of-trust is that
> > France is one of the few countries that do NOT allow their
> > citizenry full access to encryption technologies. Having the
> > main DNSO server in France and having it administered by a
> > french citizen prevents us all from using this technology, by
> > fiat.
>
> Roeland,
>
> To the best of my knowledge, neither France, nor any other
> country, prohibits strong authentication technologies.   Nothing
> which has been said or written here requires the use of
> encryption.
>
> Next?

www.epic.org
www.cdt.org
www.eff.org

Simply put, do your research. I have actually lost customers becasue they
were in France. Unless France has recently altered its position and law,
things haven't changed. I have been following encryption issues for years.